1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DK Digital DVD-339 or Yamada DVX-6700?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oldchap, Jan 9, 2005.

1. oldchap

oldchap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey

I'm looking for a DVD played that can play DivX and XviD, ideally on as many flavours of CD/DVD as possible. I would also like fully decoded 5.1 outputs on it as I have already got a set of active speakers for my current non-divx player. Of course, I don't have a huge amount of money to burn on a big brand player.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the two players in the subject - both are about £50 from eBuyer and seem to play pretty much everything. the Yamada is a little more visually appealing and supposedly plays newer versions of the codecs but I've noticed in a review that it doesn't have as good picture quality and the audio loses sync when you fast forward DivXs.

Anyone out there got any experience with either of these players?

Thanks,

Sandy

2. aligamer

aligamer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep i had a look at the mentioned players, Yamada seems good but only drawback for me is that it doesn't support prog-scan (which h&b 3255 player does and does everything else) and as for the 339 well that has probs with ac3 - i dont fancy encoding me divx's all over again - so for me i would get H&B player - just a matter of time now. :)