DJI mini 2 or DJI mavic air 2

sebavalente

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have never had a drone, which is better between DJI mavic air 2 and DJI mini 2?
does it make sense to get the COMBO version or is the normal one enough?

You'll deffo want the combo version, just for the added batteries alone. Flight time is improving with each battery upgrade, but you'll always find you want more time in the air.

I've got the mini 2 and it's a great little drone to fly, but if you are starting out you might consider the Air 2 due to the collision sensors. The mini 2 doesn't have any.

Upvote 0
Just got the Mini 2 combo and it's great having the two extra batteries. Super impressed with the drone after a week. Use iPhone 12 Pro as the screen and app and drone have been flawless.

Upvote 0
Sales must be posted in the Classifieds section here thanks. No sales discussion in these other threads please
I wasn't selling it in this thread was simply saying it's up for sale thats all. Sorry for being such a naughty person :(

Upvote 0
I got the Mini 2 Fly More pack and very pleased. I do wish I'd gone for the Mavic Air 2 due to it's ability to track against moving objects. Mini 2 only does this in a limited way for short shots. That said, worth looking at the latest UK drone rules as the Mini 2 is super light and the least restricted of pretty much any drone I believe. For now, at least ....

Upvote 0
I got the Mini 2 Fly More pack and very pleased. I do wish I'd gone for the Mavic Air 2 due to it's ability to track against moving objects. Mini 2 only does this in a limited way for short shots. That said, worth looking at the latest UK drone rules as the Mini 2 is super light and the least restricted of pretty much any drone I believe. For now, at least ....

Once the SDK is updated to include the mini 2 then you should be able to get subject tracking via third party apps such as litchi. Due to it being under 250g there is far more flexibility in terms of where you can fly without breaching regs, what with them being in the A1 category.

Upvote 0
I have heard rumours of there being changes to legacy drones in regards to the new regulations....

Upvote 0
Once the SDK is updated to include the mini 2 then you should be able to get subject tracking via third party apps such as litchi. Due to it being under 250g there is far more flexibility in terms of where you can fly without breaching regs, what with them being in the A1 category.
Good point, that would make a huge difference to the features.

Upvote 0
No link just rumours , I do find it odd that dji don’t seem interested in marking their drones up to comply with the new regulations though 🤷🏼‍♂️

So the Air 2s isn’t certified? That’s strange, as I have seen quite a number of YouTube ‘experts’ stating that the Air 2 was technically certifiable. I wonder why DJI haven’t with the 2s, seems crazy releasing a drone that will be seriously limited in the not-too-distant future. Maybe DJI either just don’t see the market as being big enough (surprising, as dont the regs effect all of the EU to) or they cynically see it was a chance to sneak in a quick additional product cycle in, with certified drones coming closer to the cut off date.

Be interesting to see if they do a Mini 2s, plenty of headroom for a better camera system in that, while staying under 250gm.

Upvote 0
I have also got the MA2. It is superb. I had never flown a drone before, but now, 4 months in I'm quite the expert. My profile photo is a screenshot taken flying above Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, looking down on Central and the harbour. A great view, rendered even better by the MA2. A wonderful purchase.

Upvote 0
Selling my mavic air 2 brand new sealed fly more combo. Started a thread in misc classifieds.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom