DJI Mavic Pro reviews and tutorials

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Tom's Tech Time review of the Mavic Pro

Just adding to the growing number of reviews, rather than post the direct link to the video thought I would post a link to the website as it also has a very good comparison between the Mavic and the Karma:

Photoshop Cafe

Just came across this video which centres only on the controller for the Mavic and shows how to use a tablet with it without having to make any modifications to the controller:

Is there a common suggested mini cheapo drone to buy to learn how to fly drones before getting a mavic or phantom?

Is there a common suggested mini cheapo drone to buy to learn how to fly drones before getting a mavic or phantom?
Two trains of thought on this one, I personally jumped straight in and bought the Phantom 3 just over a year ago without having flown any type of drone before and just flew it in beginner mode until I felt completely comfortable with it all and found it very easy to learn, I am now just as happy flying in full GPS mode as I am flying in ATTI (manual) mode.

Others will say best to buy a cheapo to learn the basics, I suppose really it all depends on how you think you will take to it and your own level of confidence, the trick is to learn and fully understand what to do if it all goes Pete Tong so when it does you won't panic.

HTH
Bryn.

Any information on a UK release date? The DJi site seems to be suggesting a couple of months with their shipping date.

John

There are a few being delivered now and Apple store are getting them in soon so keep an eye out. It is awesome :D
DJI are quoting 6-8 week wait currently for new orders and production is ramped up to fill all the back orders.

Mine finally arrived today, 1 day short of 11 weeks from order (27/09).
I did order the fly more combo which by all accounts were shipping later than if you had ordered just the drone.
Roll on the weekend so i can give this bad boy a blast!

I guess DJI are the best place to preorder this from?

John

I guess DJI are the best place to preorder this from?

John

Maplin are getting regular deliveries, otherwise just order the standard Mavic as these are getting delivered quicker than the Flymore combo

I found this useful collection of links for a lot of Mavic questions, configurations, accessories etc.:

Mod edit. Removed. Basically a list of affiliate amazon links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Less of tutorial, more of a tip.

Check you have your memory card in the drone before leaving your house. Important tip that.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::oops:

Less of tutorial, more of a tip.

Check you have your memory card in the drone before leaving your house. Important tip that.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::oops:

What silly post, who would be stupid enough to leave their memory card out? I mean certainly not a pro like me who went mountain biking on a beautiful snowy night and specially took a nice camera with me only to be greeted with a 'no card' message when I found a nice moonlit spot. Or better yet lugging a heavy full frame DSLR with pair of lenses out a walk only to find it missing an SD card...so when I got home I went to dig out a couple of spare SD cards to put in the camera bag to prevent it happening again. I couldn't find them which was odd and then I had a horrible realisation, I checked the camera bag I'd had out that day and there were two spare SD cards for that very purpose.

I just know I'm going to the same with the Mavic so I'll be keeping the 16GB that came with it in the carry case now I have a 64GB one for it.

John

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom