DJI Go - Sign-in and Geofencing

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
My current DJI Go app has started giving me a notice saying that "DJI will soon release a new version of the DJI GO. All customers will need to log into DJI GO again after this update with your e-mail address and password. Please ensure you are connected to the internet and log in when you first use the updated app, or else flight operations will be restricted until you complete the login process. The new version of DJI GO ensures your drone has proper Geofencing and other data for your location".

Does anyone know if the update is going to be forced on us? From the above statement I can't see that this is going to bring me any benefits and could come with a whole raft of restrictions/problems.

Firstly the requirement to login just seems to be fraught with issues. I don't particularly want to be in the middle of nowhere ready to fly my drone and not being able to do so because I can't get a 3G signal on my phone! Even if log-in is only required periodically, I can't see what this is going to offer.

Secondly, I don't want (additional) geofencing. I don't fly where I don't have permission - I always get appropriate clearances and devise a decent flight plan. I don't want software second guessing me on this just because they are worried about someone not doing their homework first. Its bad enough that the Mavic often comes up with a checkbox mid-flight asking me to certify I have permission to fly where I am.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom