Dj_Sim's wire free setup

Dj_Sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Finally got round to taking some photos of my new flat and AV equipment.

I have done my best to conceal the wires, as you can see the stand normally has no back to it. I have mad a backing using thick black card.

My Setup:

Panasonic TH42-PZ80B
Sony STR-DA1200ES
SVS Bookshelf speakers SBS-01
SVS Center channel SCS-01
SVS Sub SB12-Plus
Sony PS3
-Van Den Hul HDMI Cable
-Play TV
Nintendo Wii
-Component Cable
-Balance Board
Pixel PXSS35 Speaker stands
Logitech Harmoney 885 Remote
Ikea Dioder back lights.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

Let me know your thoughts.

I will get some pictures of the back lights tonight.

Regards.

Very nice set-up you have there, really clean and tidy. And you have good taste in TVs and amps!

I really need to try and hide all the cables behind my TV - I've got an open backed, glass stand and the back looks terrible. You've done a fantastic job there.

Last edited:
The good taste came from this forum, spent months deciding on what TV then just fell in love with Plasma.

Also the speakers were highly recommended on here, Kent Home Cinema did a great job on a demo.

The card thing is very simple it makes such a difference.

Another pair of speaker stands and that's a really nice setup!

Thanks for the comments.

Can you recommend some speaker stands for the fronts?

I thought about buying another pair of what I have for the rears and cutting them down.

The other option I thought about was fabricating a av table for the speakers and amp.

Very nice, love the look of that equipment. Definatley need some speaker stands for the fronts though. Top Job

Regards Tom

Thanks for the comments.

Can you recommend some speaker stands for the fronts?

I thought about buying another pair of what I have for the rears and cutting them down.

The other option I thought about was fabricating a av table for the speakers and amp.

Can reccomend the stands i have, think they'll go nice in your setup with the SVS's for the front.
Soundstyle Z2, Take a peek at my setup in sig for a look. Very solid (12kgs) with adjustable spikes and small rubber feet included for baseplate and for the price rather good imo, 10 mins to build em and you done.
Soundstyle Z2 Speaker Stands An option to consider anyway.

Very nice looking setup you have also and like others have said stands will sort it out nicely, look good and sound better too as speakers on the floor not a good option soundwise. Good stuff :smashin:

Last edited:
I do not want full height stands at the front, I cant imagine them looking good.

Perhaps someone could photo shop them so we can see?

If you look here you'll find plenty of different designs in different sizes.

You should really go for a similar height if possible though, it seems a shame to have a nice speaker set up pointing at your feet, don't you think ;)

Yea I agree.

Perhaps I will buy another set of the same stands or should I buy some floorstanders?

very nice

Nice looking setup you have there!! :thumbsup:

How do you find the SVS sub? That is the exact model I am thinking about due to its size - just didn't know whether it would bottle out or not?

I have had the SVS kit for about a year, it's amazing, the sub goes very low and also provides a good punch.

Unfortunately as I am now living in a flat it's turned down allot.

I recommended you go to Kent Home Cinema for a demo of the SB12-Plus.

I have decided against stands for the fronts.

I am going to buy/ build a unit that can accommodate the tv with the speakers next to it.

Great set-up man! You wouldnt be able to tell me where you got those NY Prints would you?

The girlfriend would love it if I could get a couple for her birthday!:thumbsup:

IMG_1682.jpg

Very nice look, where did you get the floor lamp and the price please
thanks

Looks very nice, the lack of wires is impressive!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom