Quantcast

DJ Mixer to Home Reciever

GetFuzzy

Novice Member
I have a basic two turntable set up. I connected my DJ-Tech DJM-303 mixer to my Onkyo Reciever. I used two RCA cables from the Output Master on the mixer to the Line In on the reciever. Theres no sound. Should I be using the balance output and buy some 1/4 adapters for the RCA cables. I love this mixer and I'm so stuck. Please help?

Rodders53

INPUTs on the Onkyo are normally labelled as TV, CD, CBL/SAT etc.,. and the output RCAs as LINE OUT. So you may well have mis-connected?

You need to select the source on the Onkyo (and also assign the analog input to that source, quite often) to hear that input.

Master out will need mixer master volume up as well as the Onkyo volume to be set, record out will be fixed and allow the Onkyo volume to be sole volume level controller.

GetFuzzy

Novice Member
Thanx 4 ur repl
INPUTs on the Onkyo are normally labelled as TV, CD, CBL/SAT etc.,. and the output RCAs as LINE OUT. So you may well have mis-connected?

You need to select the source on the Onkyo (and also assign the analog input to that source, quite often) to hear that input.

Master out will need mixer master volume up as well as the Onkyo volume to be set, record out will be fixed and allow the Onkyo volume to be sole volume level controller.

GetFuzzy

Novice Member
Thanx 4 the reply. I've tried hooking up to every input on the reciever. I've also selected the input. Just seems so basic. I feel like I've done this a million times.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Can't think what's wrong with that setup.

I've got two SL-1200s connected to a mixer, then the mixer connected to one of the RCA inputs on my amp, then select that input to hear the mixer's audio. I've also got a Pioneer WeGO4 connected to one of the other RCA inputs on the amp. I keep an RCA cable handy from one of the mixer lines, in case I want to run the WeGO with the Technics.