Quantcast
  • You may not reply to archived adverts. Once they have been archived, they are no longer active and are here for reference only.

For Sale DIYSG HTM-12's + B&C Dual 21's

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Manchester
For a very reluctant sale is my trio of DIYSG HTM-12s, that I built late 2017 and have truly loved ever since. A change of room layout means these monsters will no longer fit and so I will have to use smaller speakers. For those that don't know, these come from an American DIY company called DIYSG, renound for their extremely high quality speakers at very reasonable prices. Everyone who has heard these speakers have loved them, I am yet to stumble upon a critism about them. At 97db efficiency these are able to be driven to club like levels off AVR power and are around 10db more efficent than commercial offerings, meaning these provide excellent dynamics for movies with no audible distortion, unlike the commerical soft dome tweeter offerings. I have heard other speakers from PSA, XTZ, MK and these are miles above them for movies and music alike. If these were a commercial offering I would estimate these to be sold at around £700 per speaker, similar to the JBL cinema offerings. What I am offering is a completely built LCR trio for less than it would cost to do yourself, and without the hassle of building, sanding, finishing etc which can take weeks and requires the correct woodworking tools! Buyer welcome to listen before committing, and obviously due to size these are pickup only! Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

I encourage anyone considering these to read the reviews:

Attachments

puneet83

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reaction score
Coalville
If only I had the room for them or you were selling 1099s instead!!
Someone is going get lucky!

n0chex

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
Reaction score
Here on AVF
Your speaker Asking price has risen £50 in the last 15 mins and would need a mortgage this time tomorrow:)

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Manchester
Your speaker Asking price has risen £50 in the last 15 mins and would need a mortgage this time tomorrow:)
I have just realised this goes against fourm rules so will adjust accordingly, many thanks! :blush:

Wull

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Reaction score
lake district
Great speakers Great deal!. If I hadn't got the DIY SG cinema max 10's I would snap your hand off at this price

davidn0uk

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
Falkirk
I’m interested in these, need to figure out logistics before I make an offer. Can you confirm the speaker dimensions?

kbarnes70

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Reaction score
Nice speakers! You are so right about the dynamics related the high sensitivity of this design. Domestic 'hifi' speakers don't stand a chance against these played at Reference level or just below. Easily driven with a ton of headroom, these speakers will always sound 'easy' and 'unstrained' even at very high SPLs. I use JBL 3677s which share some of the characteristics of these speakers and would never go back to 'domestic' style speakers.

I'd say to anyone who has the room for these, and who will likely be using them in a black room, or behind an AT screen (ideally), go for them! A genuine bargain IMO.

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Manchester
Nice speakers! You are so right about the dynamics related the high sensitivity of this design. Domestic 'hifi' speakers don't stand a chance against these played at Reference level or just below. Easily driven with a ton of headroom, these speakers will always sound 'easy' and 'unstrained' even at very high SPLs. I use JBL 3677s which share some of the characteristics of these speakers and would never go back to 'domestic' style speakers.

I'd say to anyone who has the room for these, and who will likely be using them in a black room, or behind an AT screen (ideally), go for them! A genuine bargain IMO.
Couldn’t have put this better myself, the hifi type offerings can’t touch high sensitivity designs for HT!

davidn0uk

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
Falkirk
Im familiar with the reputation these speakers have, I was about to place an order from DIYSG for these, some volt 8/6's. It would be a 7hr round trip and I think the price is high for them. I understand the effort and time you have put in to build them etc, so I'm not going to offend with a low offer. Good luck with the sale.

kbarnes70

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Reaction score
Im familiar with the reputation these speakers have, I was about to place an order from DIYSG for these, some volt 8/6's. It would be a 7hr round trip and I think the price is high for them. I understand the effort and time you have put in to build them etc, so I'm not going to offend with a low offer. Good luck with the sale.
I hear you, and obviously any decision to buy anything is a personal thing, but AIUI these are being offered at less than the price of the DIY kit, but with all the work already done (and to a very nice standard to by the look of it). If you bought the kit from DIYSG you'd have to pay more and then invest all the time to build them. Personally I can't quite see the point of that when they can be had ready-made for less. Sure, they are 'secondhand' but with speakers that is hardly an issue as they tend to last indefinitely unless abused. And, of course, it is very hard to abuse 'pro' speakers like these anyway, in a domestic HT (and I am sure the owner has always treated them with respect anyway).

Just my two penn'orth FWIW.

davidn0uk

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
Falkirk
I can offer £900 collected. I know its low, but I'm basing this on the as new outlay would be £1050 for the speakers, including shipping and import. MDF, paint, glue, stuffing etc £150 - £200. total cost £1200 - £1300.

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Manchester
I can offer £900 collected. I know its low, but I'm basing this on the as new outlay would be £1050 for the speakers, including shipping and import. MDF, paint, glue, stuffing etc £150 - £200. total cost £1200 - £1300.
Thanks for the offer but will decline for the time being!

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Manchester
Think the lowest I’m willing to go at the moment is 1.2! Thanks for the interest!