Wanted DIYSG HT-8s or Volts 6s, and 18" sub drivers

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Reaction score
I'm after 2 18" drivers, and 8 HT-8s or Volt 6s :)

The DIYSG bits are a long shot, but sometimes people need a change

Happy to travel to collect :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Saul Goodman

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Reaction score
Might have my JBL 3677s available in the new year if you're interested / very similar to the HTM-12s

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Think this is very very unlikely mate, I know of only a handful who've got DIYSG stuff let alone HTMs. If its any use, I can whole heartedly reccommend the HT12's. All in all cost me just under 1k to get done.

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Also I've got 2 B&C 15TBW100 drivers that I'm not using, I could make some subs using these over the Christmas period if you're interested? Something like this V1512 Can also work to your specifications etc, let me know!

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Reaction score
Might have my JBL 3677s available in the new year if you're interested / very similar to the HTM-12s
Thanks Saul. I won't need the speakers until the new year, but I guess I will need to know what I'm getting, so I can make some space for them. I'll read up on the JBLs.
Think this is very very unlikely mate
Yeah I know. I do know of one forum member who sold theirs (yes, that was you), so thought I might as well have a thread going.
All in all cost me just under 1k to get done.
If I order them direct, have you got any recommendations on courier, and were Erich and co happy to send to the UK via one of the shippers?

Also I've got 2 B&C 15TBW100 drivers that I'm not using, I could make some subs using these over the Christmas period if you're interested? Something like this V1512 Can also work to your specifications etc, let me know!
Thanks. You gave me lots of good advice on building subs a little while back, but I've made more room in the, er, room so I could have up to 4 subs (one in each corner). I need to sketchup some details so we can work out what subs I'm best making/buying.

The only issue with you actually making the subs is that I'm a bit of a distance from you. I could buy the drivers from you though, if you don't want them (unless you fancy driving down south).

Liammonty123

Rating - 100%
8   0   1
Reaction score
Thanks Saul. I won't need the speakers until the new year, but I guess I will need to know what I'm getting, so I can make some space for them. I'll read up on the JBLs.
Yeah I know. I do know of one forum member who sold theirs (yes, that was you), so thought I might as well have a thread going.
If I order them direct, have you got any recommendations on courier, and were Erich and co happy to send to the UK via one of the shippers?

Thanks. You gave me lots of good advice on building subs a little while back, but I've made more room in the, er, room so I could have up to 4 subs (one in each corner). I need to sketchup some details so we can work out what subs I'm best making/buying.

The only issue with you actually making the subs is that I'm a bit of a distance from you. I could buy the drivers from you though, if you don't want them (unless you fancy driving down south).
If you're going to order I'd order everything together to save on shipping costs. MYUS were fairly good with my package and do 10% off for new customers! Erichs more than happy to ship to a forwarder, only like shipping to any other address really!

Keep an eye out for Sauls 3677's, they should perform similar to the HTMs for cinema, although maybe need a little EQ on the very top to bring it up if behind a screen, thats what I do with my HT12s anyway.

Yeah if you're south you're probs a few hours away, courier for decent sized cabs would be in the region of £50 if I remember correctly from my last sold. You're welcome to buy just the drivers if you want them, could put them at the back of the room and put some 21's up front!

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Reaction score
By the way Saul, are you looking to change speakers, or are you having to remove the room altogether or what?

Saul Goodman

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Reaction score
By the way Saul, are you looking to change speakers, or are you having to remove the room altogether or what?

I'm considering upgrading after living with the JBLs for 4 years. Problem is that it looks like it will take significant investment to better them.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Reaction score
I'm considering upgrading after living with the JBLs for 4 years. Problem is that it looks like it will take significant investment to better them.
That's fine, it's been a tough year and you deserve it. Just forgo other Christmas shopping if needed. You should probably upgrade your surrounds and screen at the same time. I'll come and collect the lot :laugh:

sjackson

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom