1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Table Bracket For Plasma

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Paden, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Anyone ever make one?
    Got any drawings/pictures?

Cheers, Paul

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Plasma brackets are pretty serious pieces of engineering, it'd be too easy to get it wrong, unless you have access to a decent workshop. Don't you like the new panny stand? I prefer last year's.

3. consciouspnm

consciouspnm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I designed some brackets for the Panasonic Plasma and had them built at the local engineering shop for £10 each. They are probably over engineered in terms of the thickness of steel plate used and the wall will give way before the bracket does.

4. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I made my own wall mounting brackets for my Hitachi. I don't think you need to know much about sheet metal fabrication to do a half decent job yourself. A desk stand may be a bit more difficult because more of it will be on display so it will need to be a lot prettier than a wall bracket.

IMHO the prices for even non-tilt brackets are rediculous. DABS.com are selling the official Hitachi one for £80, which is the lowest I have seen it but still exactly what I got quoted to have a one off made up by a local fabricators.

According to the instructions that came with the screen, the official Hitachi desk stand requires you to secure the screen to the wall with a piece of chain in case the screen topples forward. NOT what I would call a great piece of design!