For Sale Diy subwoofer enclosure

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by curiuos, Jun 9, 2015.

1. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Gentleman, with an aching heart and a worried mind I have to sell my unfinished project. We moved to a flat and the subwoofer box is just too huge for it. It's modeled for two stereo integrity ht18's, but any other 18 inch drivers with similar TS parameters would be suitable. At the moment internal volume is around 385 liters. If you take off bracing, driver displacement it will come just about perfect for those drivers. Plus I was thinking to cut off the top at the angle so it would look like b&w 802, so that would take some volume off. However. I was so mad that it won't fit the new flat I wanted to scrap it instantly, but then I thought I'd give it a chance in here. All I want is to cover my expenses for MDF and glue I used, never mind hours spent planning and cutting and glueing. Oh. I haven't taken the picture of the back board but it's ready, kerfed and dry fit tested. All you need is a decent size room and some diy skills to put it together. Any questions please ask as it just became longest advert ever. IMAG0138.jpg IMAG0137.jpg

Price and currency: 45
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Cash or PayPal
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. newheart

newheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hello,

Which amp plate were you planning to use. Also, Can you give me some dimensions of the structure. Do you have a blueprint of the finished product, you had in mind?

cheers

3. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi I was thinking to use external amplifier like Inuke 6000 to power it. I can draw you a quick sketch of what I had in mind and describe it in more detail but no blueprints I'm afraid :)
    Dimensions are-
    Height- 1200mm
    Width- 640mm
    Depth- 660mm
    I'll attach a sketch after work. Thanks!

4. jk330ci

jk330ci
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hi iv purchased two si ht18 a while ago with the intention of having a box built further down the line. How much is left on this to do?

5. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Basically when I tried to dry-fit test it I saw that some of the braces are not dead in line with the others, so few of them need to be planed a millimetre or two and then you can glue the back board on, strap it or fix it with screws for a good 24 hours. Then I was thinking to cut the top of the enclosure at the angle. If you look at the Bowers and Wilkins 802 speaker you know what I mean by that. I haven't prepared the top yet cause I was not sure about the dimensions, so you'll need a piece of mdf for that. And that's it.
    Also my plan was to get biggest router roundover bit that I could safely use and have a go with it so the edges would be massively round.
    Then it's up to you when it comes to finishing
    Hope that all make sense

6. jk330ci

jk330ci
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hi yes makes a lot of sense.
    Not sure if I'd have the time to finish this off to completion although it does really interest me.

7. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know how busy you are but in my opinion you only need two-three weekends and another pair of hands to finish the box.
    I had a hope it will fit through the loft hatch, but measured it last evening and... Oh well

8. jk330ci

jk330ci
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I am very interested, but am just about to relocate with a family so it's very busy at the mo. If it was basically built and just needed painting I would of been happy to buy it.
    Might be a thought for you to finish it off and increase your price.

9. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I understand. We've also just moved in and the flat is filled with boxes, it's not gonna happen inside and there's no garden. I was thinking to cut the new enclosures at work and take it home for painting. If other will not show any interest I'll skip it this weekend, or next one. I don't know. Hate to do that

10. newheart

newheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hello Curious,

Even I am interested in the finished box and hence asked you for the blueprint/ sketches, but somehow, never got the response :(

11. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Accept my apologies Newheart, I do promise to make a sketch this evening.

12. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Here it is, I really hope it will help you to imagine what was in my mind, because from my sketch which also looks like a 5 year old '' painting'' on the wall, you can't see a lot.
    More details -
    5mm groove around the edge of the face and top of the enclosure - I was thinking to explain how it looks like but deleted it and rather took a photo, I'll attach it. So, I thought I'd do the same on a subwoofer buy instead of using foam like in the picture I wanted to glue suede and ''hide'' the edges of it in that groove. All the rest- finished in Duratex paint. IMAG0143.jpg IMAG0144.jpg IMAG0145.jpg Forgot to mention that after stuffing the edge of that foam in to the groove I've glued a rubber band on it so now it holds the foam in place and looks cool and vintage. Kinda.

13. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Guys you are cruel. Since it had no real interest with the price in ad, I would like to do an auction. Price starts from £1. Make your bids gentleman.

14. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    The rules don't allow an auction you have to state an asking price, sorry about that.

15. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Oh well. Then it's up for a donation. I'll leave it here until Friday

16. Nick1881

Nick1881

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Would love this but don't have the skills to finish it. Would you consider finishing and accepting more money or do you not have the space/time? Thanks

17. curiuos

curiuos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would find time on weekends or evenings and be more than happy to finish it but I simply can't imagine where to do that as the new place is without a garden.
    Guys I thought this is a DIY forum ;-)