Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DIY Speaker Repair ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ccm, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ccm

ccm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you see my previous threads you will know I have a problem with one of my speakers on my pioneer nsdv990 system.

Anyway after much fiddling around I know it is definitely the speaker at fault and also that the fault is intermittent, sometimes when not working properly a tap on the speaker will make it start working.

In light of the above i feel it is probably a loose/broken connection, should i unscrew the case and have a look ? (the speakers are flat nxt type)

I've found somewhere that will have a look at it but they need the whole system , which would be a right pain to take apart and get there.

Also does anyone know where/if i could get a replacement speaker ? I know the system itself is discontinued.

Finally this may be a silly question but if the worst comes to the worst could
    I buy different speakers to use with my system or do all in one systems need to use the speakers that come with them ? I have noticed the speaker labels say they can't be used with other amps cos of the risk of fire!

grateful for any advice regarding the above issues :lease:

cheers

ccm