DIY soundbar with passive sub and WAF

StevenU

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just thought I would share some images of a room revamp. I wanted to get rid of the PMC speakers which had been shunted into the corners of the lounge after the room had previously been rearranged. My wife preferred something more furniture like rather than box speakers and the 3" stud walls are not up to decent in wall speakers so I designed an on wall enclosure and also made a new box for my DIY passive sub using the Eminence LAB 12.

Here's the room as it was:

Attachments

• Lounge - current.jpg
    Lounge - current.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 225
Performance is not the most important aspect of this project, it is an effort to lose the black boxes. Having said that, the sound quality is excellent and overall a better listening experience than having bookshelf speakers shoved into the corners. I chose Revel C563's for the LCR's as the round profile was preferred for a slightly more retro look.
IMG_1331a.jpg
IMG_1335a.jpg
IMG_1344a.jpg
IMG_1350a.jpg
IMG_1353a.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's a proper soundbar!!

Lovely finish to it all too 😍

May be good to tag Revel, Eminence and on-wall, so guys that are following those tags can check it out too 😃

May be good to tag Revel, Eminence and on-wall, so guys that are following those tags can check it out too 😃
Cheers @MattyBB I did try to add tags but kept getting errors.

I had most of the boards cut to size (ordered online) and assembled them with biscuits, PVA and strengthened the internal corners with timber battens and Pink Grip to make sure it was sealed.

The equipment hasn't changed and is in the under stairs cupboard in the hallway
(Denon DN-500AV, Crown XLS1500, Crown XLS 1502, Crown XLS1002).

IMG_1364a.jpg

Last edited:
you have smashed it ! this deserves more attentio

Is there a new product idea here? On wall enclosure to choose your own speakers to insert.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom