DIY Sound Group HTM-12 Build

Discussion in 'DIY Speaker & Subwoofer Building' started by mkohman, Nov 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mkohman

mkohman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,254
    Hi there sorry just seen this now.. Yes the secret really is the technique (very light sand between coats) I loose count on my coats.. I do Atleast 2 coats of primer and 10 coats of matt black. Totally unnecessary but it's what I do :) roller is a sponge type mini roller but you must roll it in such a way that it looks like it's been sprayed on.. That's not something I can tell you on forums.. Practice is the only way lol.. Good luck with the build ;)

2. Gentleman Jack

Gentleman Jack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry for the late response. I didn’t use a roller. I used krylon all in one -matte ink blue- rattle can. I did prep the mdf with three coats of vinyl sealer. It also comes in can. Very easy. Look up vinyl sealer for mdf on you tube. I did sand in between coats of the sealer, but not the paint. I sprayed like three coats on the HTM12s. One fine coat and two other coats. Just enough to make one solid coat. I was racing against the weather. I live in Los Angeles and was painting a few days before we had all that rain for about two weeks. I’m going to build 4 Volt 6s for my atmos speakers. Maybe then I’ll repair any bad spots and repaint the HTM12s. But that color blue and that krylon paint is very forgiving. When you look up that vinyl sealer that same guy shows you how to paint with a spray can and not leave any lines. Brad Angrove is the name of the person on you tube. Good luck.