DIY: Sony BDP-S360 Region Free Using Harmony remote, programmed manually

Does the harmony remote hack work on the US version of the Sony BDP-S370 or just the PAL version?

Thanks for this, i have managed to do my Sony 370 with the 555 remote.

It worked on my PAL Sony BDP-S760. Many thanks :)

Top instructions thanks very much, got my bro's 370 player working with the a harmony 555 remote to do the hack, no issues whatsoever.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but you can use this method without needing to buy a remote control if your laptop/PC has an IRDA (infra red) port by following the instructions in this link Making the Sony DVP-NS705V multi-region

Worked fine for me, and saved me having to buy a remote.

Just letting you know: Update to M04.R.735 does not affect codefree hack (for BDP S-470).

Great, thanks. Just got it to wok with my Sony BDP-570.

there was a previous thread people sharing there harmony remote, im trying to get my BDP 360 to play DVDS other then region 1 I would really like to get this player hacked anyone that could give me any help i would greatly appreciate!

i need to know what i need to buy (what kind of remote) etc.. then do i have to program the remote?

etc..etc..

anyone could give me a hand with this i would greatly appreciate!!!

thanks

josh m

Gertsen dug around the forums this evening having picked up the 370 today. Having read your post carefully I realised I had a 515 from a while back (cheap play.com deal) and programmed it with little technical knowledge. It seems a lot more complicated than it actually is and everything worked first time. I am mega chuffed as I have loads of R1 stuff my kids watch. Excellent post and much appreciated thanks for this ! :clap:

there was a previous thread people sharing there harmony remote, im trying to get my BDP 360 to play DVDS other then region 1 I would really like to get this player hacked anyone that could give me any help i would greatly appreciate!

i need to know what i need to buy (what kind of remote) etc.. then do i have to program the remote?

etc..etc..

anyone could give me a hand with this i would greatly appreciate!!!

thanks

josh m

hack doesn't work with region 1 players.

Is it a lost cause to try the Harmony hack on a Sony BDV-e800w? Are there any risks?

Is it a lost cause to try the Harmony hack on a Sony BDV-e800w? Are there any risks?

this is a generic hack and seems to work with all recent sony players, so it will probably work. It definitely works with another all in one the sony bdv e370.

Risk? i have heard of someone screwing up their player but they used a one for all remote and i suspect they had programmed in the wrong code number. I would say this is less likely using the discrete codes here which worked for me. Alternatively buy or rent a pre-programmed remote.

Hi All,

I have tried method one and method two as well.

Once devide(s) added, I went to the Secret infrared page, selected the newly addad device as active, then pressed the Manual key, put a code sequence in the Key Code Window, pressed Process, than Convert.
And there, I have always the message "Conversion failed", with any sequence code put in.

Where can by the problem? And has it a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks for the advice.

My BDP-S370 is now able to play US DVDs, and I am delighted!

I used an old Harmony 688 to do the job, and it worked fine.

Thank you so very much :clap:

I have followed this guide step by step, used a Harmony 900 to hack a Sony BDP-S350. Now i can watch all my old Region1 films.

Many thanks :hiya:

Great tip, but sadly it would not work on my Pioneer BDP-LX54. Got a response, in that it shut down to standby after executing, but still won't play other regions. It may be some adjustments necessary in the code, but thats beyond me....

Just wanted to thanks for providing the full details. Very straightforward to set-up with clear instructions.

Thanks

Paul

Wonderfully detailed instructions in the first post. I followed them to the letter, except for using BDP-S370 as the model number where the instructions said S360. Worked perfectly (BDP-S370 and Harmony 659). Thanks mate! :smashin:

I did my S370 months ago using these but just got an S470 as well for 3D playback. Still worked a treat and the S470 was on the latest firmware prior to the update.

Anyone tried this with the new BDP-S4/5/780 2011 models???

Cheers

JJ

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom