1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sorcery, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Sorcery

Sorcery
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I was considering constructing a screen from a base such as Ply or MDF and coating it with White or Grey Goo from Goo systems. Do you think this would give a good result using a DLP projector?

On their website they recommend using a base such as plywood and then coating it with both their undercoat and the overcoat.

I was going to go ahead and get a fixed frame screen ready made from somewhere like ellie.co.uk but then thought about making my own and having seen pictures of other people's results with Goo I thought about using this.

Any opinions? :)

2. pacemaker

pacemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    mmm was thinking of the very same thing
    why not try icestorm no6 and if no good makes a great basecoat for Goo saving the cost of undercoat
    ive emailed Ken from Goo for advice but so far no reply
    in the meantime iv ordered a few samples of grey screen fabric from various places in the uk and will let you know what they are like
    if your stuck on goo heres a link to avsforums where Ken says he will pay for del to uk, bringing the price down by about $95

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=244985