Quantcast

DIY screen border

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

Looking to bgein making my screen in the next couple of weeks. The only item I'm not sure about is the border for the screen.

I was hoping to find some black felt tape somewhere, but without success. Can anyone point me in the right direction, assuming this stuff actually exists :)

S

spamboy

I got some black velvet tape from John lewis, comes in a variety of widths, about £1.50 a metre.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered the Nexnix stuff earlier, reasonable price to IMHO :)

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Gary, I'd be delighted to post some pics if you would find it interesting. It will be a few weeks yet but I'll PM you when they are ready :)

Zone

I've still to sort my border out so I'd be interested in the results as well mate :)

Chibouk

Novice Member
I'm going to have a go at making my own screen this weekend, so found this thread very interesting.

paulw77 - how difficult was it to make your screen? It looks very impressive. Did you use normal velvet material? How well does it work?

Any advice is very much appreciated. :laugh:

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
There are some pics of my screen frame on my web-site if you want a look at mine. It shows the frame and the blackout cloth stapled to it.

Gary.

Chibouk

Novice Member
I've already had a look at your site matey. Where do you think I got the ideas from? :laugh:

paulw77

Chibouk said:
I'm going to have a go at making my own screen this weekend, so found this thread very interesting.

paulw77 - how difficult was it to make your screen? It looks very impressive. Did you use normal velvet material? How well does it work?

Any advice is very much appreciated. :laugh:
Having called it velvet I've now remembered it is actually felt !!

It works very well as it easy to cut and staple.

Chibouk

Novice Member
I didn't go for velvet in the end either and ended up getting some suade type material. It's turned out very well too. :smashin:

Trending threads

Top Bottom