• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DIY Screen - Bedsheet - A thought...

tc80tc80

Standard Member
For a DIY frame type screen. What about stretching a super king size 200, 400, or 600 thread count bedsheet over the frame and painting the bedsheet with a good quality latex paint once stretched to reduce the light bleed through.....

wolvers

Distinguished Member
Just buy some proper artists canvas. It'll be easier to paint and won't sag with time. You're only looking at about 20 quid.

tc80tc80

Standard Member
I bought from here;

http://www.jacksonsart.co.uk/wildcardsearch.php?id=notsowild&custorstaff=customer&how_to_shop=medium

IIRC, I bought the 'Universal Primed Finest Italian Cotton Fine Grain Texture, 320gsm, 2.1m wide (82in wide) per 1 m' then spray painted it.

Thank you for the listing. I went in search of artist canvas online and was quickly hit by a dozen different types. I was going to visit a Artist supply store and checkout the different textures and now I don't have to.... :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom