DIY phono/rca leads

tiff_lee

Afternoon all, soon ill be receiving a pre-amp and 2 monoamps so i've started looking for some rca leads, ebay is full of all the usual tat and there are some mighty expensive ones out there.

Now not trying to stir up the great "which is the best lead" debate but i've come across several threads and articles whereby people are making their own leads and I quite fancy doing this myself as I like soldering and what not.

Now i've had a look on maplin and not too sure on which cable would be best and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction :)

Been looking at these plugs for 6mm cable
Gold-Plated Phono Plug : Phono Connectors : Maplin Electronics
or perhaps these for 8mm (not sure if the jump in size is worthwhile?)
High Quality Gold-Plated Phono Plugs : Phono Connectors : Maplin Electronics

As for cable well beats me...
High Grade Shielded Audio Cable : Audio & Video Cable : Maplin Electronics
or perhaps this
High Quality AV Signal Cable : Audio & Video Cable : Maplin Electronics

Any advice/pointers appreciated, thanks Lee

D.D.D.

No one able to recommend some decent cable for diy phonos?
I always do DIY cables, but it should be prooven quality. eBay and companies who sell cheap connetors are full of stuff with quite unknown quality - what the metal used there is unknown and sometimes it is stuck to magnet ;)

take a look on DH-Labs interconnects for DIY:
Bulk Cables - Fidelity Components Shop

my favourite is AirMatrix with Ultimate RCAs, but WhiteLightning is also really good fo its price.

DodgeTheViper

I always do DIY cables, but it should be prooven quality. eBay and companies who sell cheap connetors are full of stuff with quite unknown quality - what the metal used there is unknown and sometimes it is stuck to magnet ;)

take a look on DH-Labs interconnects for DIY:
Bulk Cables - Fidelity Components Shop

my favourite is AirMatrix with Ultimate RCAs, but WhiteLightning is also really good fo its price.
Are you associated with this company ?