DIY, Engineer, SKY+ or Freeview?

L

Laskina

Over the last few days I have been getting lose of signal with my Amstrad Sky digi box. Called Sky and suggested normal routine (unplug, check connections, switch back on) - but instead of fixing the poor signal I was getting it totally lost all signal!!! So now I have no signal at all!!!

So what do you suggest ....

1. I think the recent winds could have caused the dish to move - should I try some DIY on it?

2. Get an engineer to come and fix it for £65 (note my dish is right above my new conservatory)?

3. Get Sky+ (will this mean a new 12mth sub - if so wont do it)?

4. Get Freeview (but dont have aerial atm - so would have to pay someone to put one up - how much would this cost me)?

Cheers in advance :)

Nick

Sorted ...

Phoned Sky customer services and explained that I dont see why I should pay for an engineer to come out when their advice caused the total lost of signal. Technical support superviser refused to give me a free (or reduced cost) call out so said I would like cancel my subscription. Passed onto customer services and got offered a free engineer visit within 48 hours - lovely :)

Nick

Excellent, sometimes they are so stubborn they cost themselves more money when a customer may have been happy with just a reduced callout cost:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom