DIY Component Cable?

WoodyC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Need to make/buy a short component cable to go from my DVD to a JS Tech component switch. I really don't need 1.5m of cablethough as the run is, at max about 50cm. I thought I might try making my own using a Profigold digital interconnect I have spare. Is that feasible?

If it is, does anyone have any suggestions about which RCA plugs to use?

I've found three I thought looked allright:

Ebay - Subzero

CPC 1

CPC 2

Would any of these be suitabl, or do you think I'd be better of buying a pre-made cable?

All thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Woody

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I would say on this matter - All or nothing!

If your not using true 75ohm cable/connectors, then do the best job you can with what you have, and see how it looks! If its 50cm long, then your not really going to be too concered with all the cable impedance/capacitance inductance etc

Just make sure you have good clean termination at each end, and your using all ground & conductor in the pug i.e. you havn't cut off some of the strands...

Im sure it will be ok, go for any of the RCSs you've suggested.

Gareth.

WoodyC said:
Cheers Gareth. I'll give it a go this weekend. :thumbsup:

No worries...

Sorry for the poor spelling! :eek:

Gareth.

I was going to start a new thread but it seems I could tack my question here :)
I'm also after various cables (Scart, component and TOSLink) to interconnect my AV gear which will all be sitting in the same rack. Surely I can't be the only person who finds cables even 1.0m in length too long? I can't find anywhere that sells them in short lengths! Anyone know different, or do I have to make them myself?

Cheers,
Dave.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom