DIY Center Speaker with Hivi drivers

lightning69

Standard Member
Reaction score
Finally completed my DIY Hivi Center speaker. Here are some pictures. I use Jantzen Superior Z-Cap capacitors for the tweeter, and Mundorf Mcap Evo Oil for the midrange, and Dayton audio cap for the bass crossovers. All inductors and resistors are Jantzen.

I Diy this speakers to match the Hivi 8S speakers that I bought from China. The sound from these speakers are very good.

Bass drivers : F6
Mid range : DMN-A
Tweeter : RT1.3WE

IMG_20200817_222733.jpg
IMG_20200817_222741.jpg
IMG_20200821_165639.jpg
IMG_20200819_190956.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_191008.jpg
    IMG_20200819_191008.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 87
Amazing job.. The cab and build looks like something you'd buy in the shops as a finished product. Curious you decided to leave the X/O's loose in the cab? Fantastic work and the video is very slick too!

Amazing job.. The cab and build looks like something you'd buy in the shops as a finished product. Curious you decided to leave the X/O's loose in the cab? Fantastic work and the video is very slick too!
Thanks . The crossover is glued to the base.

I tried doing this myself and failed miserably. My hivi Drivers still work, but i guess i really messed up somewhere with the controlboard or something. Huge respect for managing to pull this off. 5/7 Build xD
Don't give up My first build was off the shelf X/O's and I approximated the drivers and cab design without the aid of any simulators or maths. Sounded great and it inspired me to take on a more complex build/design after that. Dayton Audio do some good off the shelf X/O's and drivers.

I tried doing this myself and failed miserably. My hivi Drivers still work, but i guess i really messed up somewhere with the controlboard or something. Huge respect for managing to pull this off. 5/7 Build xD
The most difficult part of the crossover. I used the same drivers as the Hivi diy3.1 and it's crossover. That way I know the crossover is design for it. You can search for the Hivi diy perfectionist mode and start from there

The sound is really good. I had been using KEF Q300 for my front and center for the past 10 years. The Hivi speakers is much better than the Q300 with more detail presentation and they can go louder. I got rid of my Q300 without second thought after I bought the Hivi 8S and built the center to compliment the 8S. Below are some pictures of the Hivi 8S. The finishing is really good.
IMG_20200605_182226.jpg
IMG_20200606_104851.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom