DIY Calibrating

CharlieR

Standard Member
Bought the DVE DVD and calibrated my last plasma in 2004. looked everywhere to use it for calibrating my recently purchased 500A.

Looks like I will need to get a replacement.

If i remember rightly the DVD came out in 2003. Has it been updated and if not will it be OK with calibrating the new plasma?

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I think there are a few free downloadable disks out there that will fit the bill. HCFR may have their own. Do you want SD or HD?

Gary

CharlieR

Standard Member
I think there are a few free downloadable disks out there that will fit the bill. HCFR may have their own. Do you want SD or HD?

Gary
Using SD for now though don't know if/when I will get Sky HD
So, don't know probably get HD if it can be done at a later date after setting up SD

There is a blu-ray version of DVE now, does HD and 'Full' HD test patterns.
Don't have Blu-ray not on my future to do's either

Thanks for responses

CharlieR

Standard Member
Sorry to go on about this but.

When you use the DVE disc to callibrate, is it callibrating just for DVD's playing on that particular DVD player or does it also callibrate your system for when watching TV

alffjeld

Novice Member
it is for that player, but most probably it will also be ok for the other boxes you have connected. if you do a real calibration, with sensor and software, you make one setting for every box you have, if your tv supports per input settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom