dixv not smooth - but ok on ps3.

AiEri

Established Member
Reaction score
When i watch my divx/avis from a external harddrive - the picture is not smooth.
when i select Native picture it seems ok...but when its on stretch, normal or anything else, the picture become sluggish. It gives me a slight headache.
im using an elite set on 1080p on my sammyF using hdmi.

On the other hand the same file runs fine on my ps3 (also 1080p). Really smooth, not as blocky...no problems.

Is this because the 360 upscaling abilities are poor (compared to the ps3)?

No problems with my Divx / Xvid files on my 360. I got all my files on a home server now and it doesn't support PS3 so I can't watch any atm on my PS3 :thumbsdow

Same as kwman in that I have no problem playing divx/xvid files. Then again I'm only upscaling to 1080i not 1080p so that may be the cause of your problem. Might be worth trying setting the console to 1080i to see if you get stutter on the same files.
As to the difference in upscaling well can't really comment as I don't use my PS3 for divx as I seem to have a lot of files the PS3 doesn't support. Most of the current tv series I watch are in a mkv container which I use mkvtovob to convert if they are being used on the PS3.

Well I don't have a PS3 but my files play beautifully streamed to the 360, even when their is a heavy load on my network.

It might be something with your setups not quite right. Give some details and maybe we can help you sort the issue out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom