• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dixons Delivery Farce.

Sten84

Established Member
My LG50PK350 was meant to arrive today. Been excited since I ordered it.

However, Dixons call me 30 mins before the delivery window, to tell me im not getting it.

Why?

A power cut, thats led to system problems. No deliveries in the UK today they said. Farce. Especially when they say they can't give me a new date until system is working.

Mean time, they have my cash and I don't know when I'm getting the tv. Never using Dixons again. What a joke.

To make matters worse, I have no TV. Sold mine today in anticipation of the PK350 arriving.

Gutted. :(

What a way to treat a customer. Take their money, then leave them in the lurch, with no new delivery date. Told to expect a call..... Waste of a day off work as well. Arghghghhh

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Blimey, that's bad luck.

No deliveries in the UK today they said

So the central computer place has gone down, you would think.

Very surprised an outfit of that size doesn't have UPS' and backup generators etc.
In fact I can't believe they haven't.

I wonder if someone has sabotaged their software or they've been hacked? :confused:

Sten84

Established Member
Blimey, that's bad luck.

Very surprised an outfit of that size doesn't have UPS' and backup generators etc.

I wonder if someone has sabotaged their software or they've been hacked? :confused:

You would think wouldnt you. No idea if im being lied to or not.

All i know is they have my money, have given me no TV, and now i dont have one!! :mad:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I'm sure they'll sort you out asap mate.

Slight aside, but I just noticed this in your sig;

Need a sub!

Try here

And if they're over-budget, look for a S/H one, but they're rare.

Sten84

Established Member
I'm sure they'll sort you out asap mate.

Slight aside, but I just noticed this in your sig;

Try here

And if they're over-budget, look for a S/H one, but they're rare.

I'm hoping so. I better get a phone call tomorrow with a new date that is ASAP!!!

Re. The sub, thanks for the link. Pretty high priced. Might try source a 2nd hand one. Cheers mate.

oliver queen

Established Member
Blimey, that's bad luck.

tis actually true cos we had a lot of customers in our store coming saying they had been expecting deliveries and to go back into store and rebook, but if it was done online at Dixons (as opposed to Currys) we cant help instore.

as far as them being hacked, it happened a little while ago.
on a weekend the till system was hacked from outside and a rogue subroutine was set to open and close various channels of the 2500 comms at random intervals.
nightmare!

Sten84

Established Member
Currys offered to sell me the tv instore.... Then i was to attempt a refund for dixons.

Pathetic. They want to take more money off me. They effectively already have my cash!

Not only that, the tv will be £75 dearer in Currys, and the wouldn't price match.

Amazing customer service. Not!! Treat you like a mug, then try rip you off!

Last edited:

PCWM

Standard Member
Wonder if anyone could help me with regards Dixons delivery. I myself have had problems with Dixons delivery service..i order a Samsung 32" TV last friday and i paid £9.95 for a 2 hour delivery slot on the following tuesday between 11 and 1..so im waiting indoors for tv to arrive and guess what! it does come in a alloted time..so i call Dixons up at around quarter past 1 and explain 2 them wat has happened they he seemed surprised 2 see on his details dat my delivery date had been changed 2 friday..and this was without me knowing..so i agreed 2 move my delivery 2 friday and stated it wud have 2 be after 6 as i am working friday and will not be in and he said dat wud be fine. I got a refund on my delivery charge. So then Thursday evening i get a phone call from them saying dat my TV would arrive tomorrow (friday) between 9-1 and i was like i asked for it 2 be delivered after 6 but she said dat they do not deliver at that time of the evening to my area. So i agreed for the delivery 2 come on friday morning between 9 and 1 thinking my brother was going 2 be in..but later find out he is not..this therefore means no one is going to be in..my next door neighbour has agreed 2 take it for me..and i have left a note on the front window asking the courier to take it next door..Will he do this?? or is he not allowed?? Thanks! :)

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Can personally not understand why anybody buys a big ticket item from the DSG group of companies? ( Dixons/Currys/PCworld/Pixmania)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom