Dixons are selling dvds @ £7.99

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by JamesOD, Sep 22, 2000.

1. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Dixons are selling off a load of good dvds at rock bottom prices over the weekend.

These are clearence and end of line movies so they will not be advertised the movies include all 4 alien movies @£7.99 each
    The TRUMAN SHOW
    Never been kissed
    10 Things I hate about you and a load of other back catalogue stuff its worth checking out so you can pick up some stuff you may have been hesitant about before movies like Drive are well worth £8

"stupid people do stupid things while smart people outsmart each other"

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    JameOD,

No offence, but you seem to have been misled by someone. Having scoured both branches of Dixons, in Manchester city centre this very afternoon, it appears that the few DVD's going for £7-99, are the very same titles people don't really want to pay money for full stop, let alone at full-price! Anything even remotely of interest, like "The Alien Saga", "Austin Powers", "Jaws", "The Full Monty", etc, etc, are almost at their original price! The only bargain I found, which wasn't even a Dixon's special offer, was "The Negotiator" for £12-99! However, WH Smiths, Tesco's, Sainsburys, HMV and Woolworths have the exact same disc for the exact same price! Not exactly a unique offer, is it?!

Dixons - Waste of space, me thinks!

If anyone else can prove me wrong, and actually inform me of any bargains they have actually got hold of, please let me know.

Pooch

P.S. You don't happen to work for Dixons, Comet, or any of their other companies, do you?

[This message has been edited by PoochJD (edited 23-09-2000).]

3. Glyn

Glyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well...

I got Alien Resurecction for 7.99, and romeo + juliet (sorry but i like the style) for the same. Aliens was on offer (none there though).

apparently selling of surplus stuff.

Applies to curries too, its worth a look, as any DVD that i buy for 7.99, and go to WHSmith and see it for 19.99 is a good deal!

Glyn

------------------
    No mother, You HAVE to watch it this loud, it is a waste of money otherwise.

"I want to tell you a secret, I EAT dead people!"