Dixons Airport stores

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Bassbin, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Any frequent traveller may be aware that Dixons airport stores offer 15% - 17.5% discount (they are no longer vat free but offer the equivelant prices as a discount). This is great if they have a competitive price on something you want but for a lot of their stuff it just bring their price down to a reasonable level. However, last week I spotted a camcorder I wanted that had a 35% off marked price so I bought it they took both the 35% and the airport discount of the full ticket price. This meant £799 became £442 and they even arranged free delivery as my flight was being called.

As I was chatting to the assistant it seemed that most stuff could be ordered at the airport stores and delivered to you home address. So if you see a good deal in Dixons it might be worth calling your local airport store. With low cost airlines it's pretty easy to find a ticket for next to nothing so you can get into the airport shopping area pretty easily whether you want to actually fly or not.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    Sitting at airports hearing "last call for passenger xxxxxxx" over and over again on cheap flight airlines will never be the same for me now. I always wondered how anyone could actually make it in to the departure lounge and not on to the plane but now it's clear!

G

3. marcm

marcm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not only that I got a good deal (saved £300) on my JVC camcorder (against UK deals) and even got 12 months interest free.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    If you are flying out of EU, cant you get Vat off as well? now where is the cheapest non EU flight?

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    MONARCH to Gibraltar ?? ;)

6. nabby

nabby
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Maybe Stanstead to Oslo or Gatwick to Geneva/Zurich? In fact, aren't the Channel Islands outside the EU too? :D