DivX with Mac & Xbox 360 at last!

Xeneye

Previously MacGeekPaul
Reaction score
Just a quick spread of the news incase anyone has missed it, but in the December dashboard update for the Xbox 360, Microsoft have finally included the ability to play DivX's! :clap:

This combined with the new update to Connect 360 means we can now stream all of the DivX's straight from the Mac to the 360. :arty:

g00nerUK

Why stream though when you cn now use a USB pen, they are cheap enough to connect direct tothe 360 :)

Trouble is I have over 300gig of DivX TV Shows & Films on my External HD linked to my Mac, I don't think they do a Pen Drive that big yet ;)

g00nerUK

Connect360 3.2 and the new XBox update don't work together very well when it comes to playing your music. I, like a couple of others posting on this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=396447 , find Connect crashing when we try to play music although the new movie features work great

Trouble is I have over 300gig of DivX TV Shows & Films on my External HD linked to my Mac, I don't think they do a Pen Drive that big yet ;)

g00nerUK

could you not just plug the external hdd directly to your 360 then? save having to use software that has to be paid for!?!

Exactly what I was going to say!! plug inthe external Disk to the 360 direct! does it ply ok?

I just tried a DVD with a DivX film and it played fine woweee :)

Further update 3.21 available to fix music streaming issue

could you not just plug the external hdd directly to your 360 then? save having to use software that has to be paid for!?!

Yeah of course, but in my case all my DivX's are downloaded straight to the Ext HD (upstairs) so it would mean unplugging the HD & PSU and trudging downstairs, meaning any downloads would have to be stopped etc, or buy the software for about £12.00? For me it's a no brainer.

g00nerUK

There's now also another option called Rivet. Your media is shown in subfolders instead of getting one long list as you do with Connect 360. It's also slightly cheaper :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom