Divx + Software

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this software?

http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus

I have ripped some DVD's using Make MKV and was hoping to convert them to Divx HD but this software tells me it doesnt support this file format (MKV) when I try and add it to the converter

Last edited:
Yeah it's crap :D

Just my experience but I couldn't get it convert a mp4 to divx after multiple attempts. I even tried earlier versions and still did not have any joy. Pretty badly supported as well so stay clear if possible.

I ended up using Convert XtoDVD which is a decent simple workaround....

Looks like it only plays MKV that are made of H.264 video:thumbsdow

Look up handbrake, its free and rated pretty highly.....

Handbrake doesn't do .avi (xvid/divx) tho, if the OP needs that codec/container for a smartTV or media player. So other than acting as an inbetween - converting the MPEG4 .mkv generated from MakeMKV to a h264 .mkv which can then be converted to a divx/xvid .avi - it's not a lot of use (in this case, if this is the case)

Matt_C said:
Handbrake doesn't do .avi (xvid/divx) tho, if the OP needs that codec/container for a smartTV or media player. So other than acting as an inbetween - converting the MPEG4 .mkv generated from MakeMKV to a h264 .mkv which can then be converted to a divx/xvid .avi - it's not a lot of use (in this case, if this is the case)

It is the case.

So what is the best method to go from DVD or mkv to divx HD?

It is the case.

So what is the best method to go from DVD or mkv to divx HD?

Use Staxrip if you want an actual DivX Plus (H.264/MKV) profile but using x264 instead to convert the media.

Staxrip is actually designed for the output of MakeMKV and has a DivX Plus profile built in, plus works with most media types.

The DivX H.264 format is really just High Profile 4.0 H.264 video + AAC audio in an MKV container so anything that generates that should in theory play.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom