DivX Recorder

Legal Eagle

Established Member
Reaction score
First - the usual apologies if this has been asked before. If it has, I can't find it.

Is there a DVD/HD Recorder that will record directly to MPEG4/DivX?

I ask, because this format is now so popular and (given the file size) such good quality, that it must surely make sense for some manufacturer to bring one out.

It would give us the chance to record hours of decent quality video on a single 4.7GB DVD disc - and months of video on a reasonably sized hard drive.

Even better, it would make it so convenient to transfer video to the portable players (such as my archos), without having to convert via the PC.

My wish list is a DVD Recorder which will also RECORD to a DivX file, with a HD, with HDMI, upscale to 780p, and Windows Media 9 support. Anything remotely like this on the horizon?

3 yrs later and your still looking !

The LG machines can record in XVID, you can not transfer recordings off the HDD though.

Upscale to 720p and 1080i on the LG's.

Why 780p?

I'll reply in another 3yrs :devil:

Not really...

The RH177 is one model and that is a few years old. Look on the LG website, although last time I looked it was not upto date as some of their new machines have digtial tuners.

See ya in 3yrs time...

I have a LG rh177 which did not originally have Mpeg 4 recording. I changed the OP codes and now i can record Mpeg 4 to the hard drive only.

I cannot dub or record straight to dvd though

Anyone with this model that has found a way to do this?

I also changed the OP codes although you don't need to on the newer machines.

The OP code just turned the feature on in the menu.

Would you please point me to a modern machine, which features MPEG4 recording (either out of the Box, or in a hidden menu); a large HDD; and a digital tuner?

Thanks!

I haven't seen these machines in the UK yet, but here is a thread I created while back.

did u change any other op code for another feature, if so what? Any further advantages? is there a way to upscale dvd's on it?

would of been good if i could record xvid to dvd as it would be possible to record so much on one dvd.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom