DIVX players support Xvid?

A

alex3867

Ive found a fair few (well a fair many) DVD players with DIVX but not sure if this indicates that as standard they play Xvid too?

If not are there any that support both codecs?

Thanks
Alex

I'm almost certain that the divx players all support xvid, i've used fifty or so xvid files with my samsung 350e and it's never had a problem.

I have a Targa DP-5100x which plays Xvid but the picture is quite jerky on playback. Maybe better to research a bit more before commiting to a certain player. Try http://www.videohelp.com

Most will play xvids if they do divx.

Peterpatch, if your Targa plays xvids jerky you need to upgrade the firmware as thats been fixed. Its cause xvids have packed bitsteam, once you upgrade they play fine. Check on Targa.co.uk or postings by me in this forum as I've covered updating the Targa many many times :)

divx and xvid are the same codec MPEG 4 so yes all players that support divx will play xvid.

But the only problem is 90% of the dvd player on the market dont support advanced xvid encoding filters like GMC - Global motion compensation.

thats why if you ever play a xvid movie and it doest work then you no its because it has advanced filters.

If I was to buy a divx player today for best support of xvid etc it would have to be kiss DP-600 which supports all xvid filters etc.

hope this helps

I've got the Samsung DVD HD-950, this only says DivX but it also plays XviD too.:clap: :clap:

I too noticed Jerky playback, particularly on American episodes of Lost and 24. I then changed the output on the player to NTSC and the Jerkyness has completely gone.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom