DivX on 100Hz TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by chrbjo, Apr 10, 2002.

1. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to adjust the refresh rate when watching DivX films or would it make any difference? Watched a film yesterday and sometimes the picture on the TV was really bad. Not on the monitor though. The picture looked like it was made of 5 cm high blocks not in sync with eachother. I guess it has to do with the 100Hz TV, but is there a way of eliminating or at least minimizing this problem? My TV is a Sony KV32-FX65 by the way.

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,272
    Probably not a lot you can do about it. At what bitrate was the film encoded? This will obviously make a big difference to the quality on a large screen.
    When viewing a Divx you can't compare the picture quality of a monitor and TV.

My encoded Divx's look almost identical to a DVD but are very large files and look fine on TV.

3. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    24bit and 105.679 kb/sec.
    Noticed that the errors do occur on my monitor as well. More noticeable on a big telly obviously. Messed around with the settings in TVtool and got it slightly better.
    Thanks.