DivX Compatible Players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by iamhoey, Aug 10, 2005.

1. iamhoey

iamhoey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking into getting a DivX compatible player (as you probably could have told from the thread title).

I saw the Toshiba SD-150E and the Philips DVP5100 in a magazine review this month. However, I have seen mixed comments on whether these players can play DivX. Several sites have said that the Toshiba cannot play DivX.

Does anyone have either of these players? Do they play DivX? And are they any good?

Many Thanks For Your Help!

Andrew

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,191
    Well the Toshiba SD-150E isnt a Divx player so thats no good but the Philips DVP5100 is a Divx capable player but whether or not its a good player is another question.
    My sister picked up a Philips Divx player from Argos a few months ago and it will play DVDs and CDs fine but it wont pickup any of my DVD-rs which my Pioneer reads in afew seconds, it will run DVD-RWs and CDrs but not being able to playback DVDrs would be a major problem for me but then my sis might have a naff player, no way to know.

3. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You can get a LG divx player from pixmania for £43. If you search this forum for info about the Targa DP-5100x which is a rebadged LG you'll find its a good machine.

Also see this guide, its long, its detailed but it answers the questions that get asked over and over again so very useful.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=98228

IMO check out the LG on pixmania or Pioneer 470/575/585/380