divx/audio problem

T

terryshe

I have a Samsung dvd ram disc recorder,but it will not play sound on a divx dvd,it will on a pre recorded dvd,I have even disconected every else and only connected the player direct to the tv via scart,and tried further audio settings I am at a lost end,different scart leads and cabled tried ??

Your Divx file does not have a audio soundtrack that your player can play. The ususal culprit is that the file's audio is either AC3 or VBR MP3 which seem to be problematic with all but the latest players.

You can probably use VirtualDub to recode the audio into CBR without having to recode the video itself.

Greg Mandel said:
Your Divx file does not have a audio soundtrack that your player can play. The ususal culprit is that the file's audio is either AC3 or VBR MP3 which seem to be problematic with all but the latest players.

You can probably use VirtualDub to recode the audio into CBR without having to recode the video itself.
Thanks Greg,but it played ok on my friends tv but not on mine ??( he gave me the DVD player so I could wath his divx films

You used the same player and cables via your friends tv ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom