Divx AND Xvid player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Welshman, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Welshman

Welshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone rcommend a DVD player that plays Divx and Xvid from DVD-Rs and has a Pal prog scan. I understand that Kiss do one under £100 with good pic quality.

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Pioneer DV-470
    Pioneer DV-575

3. Hi-Jack

Hi-Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer DV-575 is not an option if you ever need subtitles.
    Pioneer stated officially to us it will not support these products with updates.

KiSS indeed has some nice players and the quality they produce is the best
    but unfortunately they are also quit unstable at the moment and lack support for Qpel
    and GMC.

never the less, KiSS is the only company releasing regular updates and the one coming in August 2004 will greatly improve the whole range.

My advice, wait a couple more months and waut for second generation players.
    (DP-600)

regards

4. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Toshiba SD340e. Available multiregion from Amazon (79.99). Very happy with mine! :thumbsup:

5. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I have a Tangent 400 plays all flavours of disc.It supposed to play mixed formats on a single dvd which is pritty good.I have had a few problems with freezing with xvid so I rencoded using dr-divx and they play fine.I would advise a visit to www.vcdhelp.com or probabley better is the forums over www.divx.com

6. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Sapper44,
    Have you tried the vga on the Tangent 400? I have a projector and wondered what it would be like connected as an altenative to using a laptop. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dean.

7. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hi Dean Randal.
    Yes have tried it on a pj got something like 475vga it said as appossed to the normal progresive 525 etc.Pic was ok but not as good as component.Havent tried on pc monitor.Tried playing Xvid and divx played ok through pj and 5.1 discs played ok through my surround amp with coaxel connection.Have moved the player under tv as I felt this is a better option as I prefer to use the Samsung dvi player as I only play dvd and I plan to do a bit of gaming when I get my X box sorted.