DIVX 5.1 Sound - How?

MarkD75

All the DIVX files i've played on my system are coming through as 2 channel.
I'm using FFW and Nvidia Pure video codecs.
I'm using a coax out to my Marantz SR7500.
Any ideas to why i'm not getting 5.1 sound?

Thanks

deksawyer

I can't get this to work either (in Vista - is this what you're using??).

I have Realtek onboard HD audio and my DVD's ripped to the hard drive play in DD or DTS fine.

As soon as I install FFDShow and/or Haali Media Splitter (for .mkv playback) all my DD & DTS soundtracks are downmixed to 2ch stereo as well as the divx/xvid/mkv files. It's so bloody annoying.

In the Audio control panel, you can click the test buttons for the various surround options and it plays it back perfectly, but any content with multi channel audio is rendered in stereo. It's a common problem too, I've discovered in my Google searches.

I'll give Vista another week of tinkering and if it doesn't work I'll be plugging in my old but working perfectly MCE2005 machine.

D.

PS - sorry I'm not much help!!

MarkD75

I can't get this to work either (in Vista - is this what you're using??).

I have Realtek onboard HD audio and my DVD's ripped to the hard drive play in DD or DTS fine.

As soon as I install FFDShow and/or Haali Media Splitter (for .mkv playback) all my DD & DTS soundtracks are downmixed to 2ch stereo as well as the divx/xvid/mkv files. It's so bloody annoying.

In the Audio control panel, you can click the test buttons for the various surround options and it plays it back perfectly, but any content with multi channel audio is rendered in stereo. It's a common problem too, I've discovered in my Google searches.

I'll give Vista another week of tinkering and if it doesn't work I'll be plugging in my old but working perfectly MCE2005 machine.

D.

PS - sorry I'm not much help!!

I'm Using MCE2005.

All the DIVX files i've played on my system are coming through as 2 channel.
I'm using FFW and Nvidia Pure video codecs.
I'm using a coax out to my Marantz SR7500.
Any ideas to why i'm not getting 5.1 sound?

Thanks

This may be a silly question but are you sure your divx files actually have a 5.1 soundtrack?

If they have, it must be settings related, do you get 5.1 from dvd?

I have not had any problems with divx but I did have a nightmare with DVD's with 5.1 which I resolved with ac3filter.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom