Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Diva Pre/processor

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by pinkmouse, Aug 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. pinkmouse

pinkmouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just thinking about upgrading my system the other night, and it crossed my mind that it would be very nice if Arcam were to produce a pre/processor version of the AV300 without the power amps, saving money and allowing more flexibility in the upgrade path. After all, a major cost in amp manufacturing are the bigger traffos and psu caps needed...

The only reason I can see for not producing one is that it might affect sales of the AV8, but with the price point of that product, I can't really see that they appeal to the same customer base.

Anyone else like to see a "budget" pre/pro?

2. robinho

robinho
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would be interested in a pre/pro. As currently I'm split between an AV300 or Rotel RSP-1068/RMB-1075, although any new product may come too late for my purchase.

3. SMCC

SMCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes please, a perfect partner for my A85 with multichannel board / P85 combo. I'd happily take a processor with no video switching on board to keep the costs down...

4. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I would have liked to get (or at least try) a "Diva" processor. However I gave up waiting and bought a Rotel 1068 instead.

5. pinkmouse

pinkmouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, three of us... Not exactly a huge market then! :)