DiVa A85 phono board ~ How Good?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Dougr33, Dec 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Dougr33

Dougr33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a new member from across the pond, and have enjoyed my A85 amp immensely, and have just redipped my toe into the vinyl waters. I'm assembling a Rega P3 with a RB250 w/ Michell TecnoWeight and Dynavector 10x5.

Here's my question. I haven't heard many other phono preamps, and hope not to spend more money at this time. How good do folks think the Arcam board is, and will it get most out of the Dynavector/P3 combo. If not, any suggestion for something external that beats it by a margin? Should mention, I already have the board installed.

Thanks folks!

2. oceanrower

oceanrower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have got an A85 with AUX instead of the phono-board. I have not heard the phono-board but if I remember correctly it got a lot of praise for users and reviewers when it was new.

SUM: For beeing a phono-stagde on an integrated amp, you might find it to be very good.

3. LPspinner

LPspinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Doug33:

I haven’t had a direct listen to the Arcam phono stage but I have seen one and it looks to be a nicely built unit with good quality parts installed. The phono board fits inside the A85, the A90 and the A32. It should easily match or better the mid-priced out board phono stages like the Tom-Evans, Graham Slee etc. with the added advantage that it sits inside you A85 and keep the systems “box count” down. It also covers you for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.

LPSpinner.

4. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70