1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ditton pre/power 5.1 DCA-5/DDP-5.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nicholasphillips, Dec 3, 2001.

1. nicholasphillips

nicholasphillips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody heard of this power and pre amp combination on sale in Richer Sounds?

I cannot find any mention of them on the internet, apart from a website in Hong Kong.

They are being sold under the Celestion Ditton name, but Celestion (speaker manufacturer) haven't heard of them.

Thanks

Nic Phillips

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I have a feeling that the name is one of Richers own. There was a post a couple of weeks ago from someone who had bought one and he was pleased with it.

Try using the search facility on the forum to trace details

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Celestion is not a Richer sound name I had a processor off them about 6 years ago.

4. Pauly

Pauly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one!!!!! its awsome.........it took me weeks to get it,it was an absolute nightmare,however this is sensational kit for £299(was £1000) i like you could find nothing about this kit on the net or anywhere....when i opened the boxes i was stunned at what i had..........
    160 watt bridged stereo mode!!!!!!!!!,movies sound awesome twice as clear and dynamic as my old sony 940....i am a lucky man

Paul GOOD LUCK-you will need it:p

5. david omalley

david omalley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DITTON DDP 5.1 PRE/DCA 5.1 POWER AMP
    i bought the new silver pre/power amp in november 2005
    and for 1600 pounds i can say it was money well spent.
    i had the older black version and that was one of the best pre/power amps i have ever had.
    well the new one in my view is better then the yamaha rx-v4600 and the arcam diva avr300 .
    i tested both these amps and and the ditton was better in every way.
    it is now
    2 x 200 watts in stereo
    5 x 100 watts in surround sound
    there is a waiting list for this amp at the moment and they take 2 months from the day you pay for .
    enjoy

6. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Friendy had that from Richer Sounds, looks great and sound quality good too. Has a nice backlit screen on the preamp/processor and good quality aluminium casing on both. The only thing is his backlit screen went soon after warranty ran out and it's a pain now to use.

7. deaf cat

deaf cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I bought some "Celestion Ditton" floor standers about three years from Richer Sounds, mainy because a mate highly recommended Celestion and of course I loved the sound of them, good bass.

Trying to find out more about them Celestion said nothing to do with us! and Richer Sounds should not be calling them Celestion! because they are not our product! Tut Tut I thought.

I forget now but I think Celestion bought out Ditton that is when the Celestion Ditton speakers appeared, after a while Celestion sold off the Ditton part, and Ditton carried on making there own speakers and other bits. This is where my Ditton speakers came from - so nothing to do with Celestion what so ever, so I am told.

But absolutly FAB speakers, wanted others from the same AV set, but yes you've guessed it, only available in Hong Kong!!

8. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Can anyone post some pictures. Would be interesting to see what we talking about.

9. money

money

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi did you get the pictures. i am thinking of gotting one i dont know what it look like turnd on

10. ben.stephens

ben.stephens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes hey all!! I have got one! A lovely Power Amplifier and Digital Processor. They sound so amazing and the things you can do with it is unbeliavable, plus, i got it off ebay!!!!!
    I think i will be making a website about it with blogs as there is nothing abo7ut them on the web.
    cya guys later

11. ben.stephens

ben.stephens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing, the ditton power amplifier and digital processor is not by celestion, nothing says anything about celestion anywhere in the manuals and on the actual units.

12. charla

charla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,i have one of these serious piece of gear.i only live in a small flat now,and dont use it now.