Disturbia 2007

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DVD-Man, Apr 24, 2007.

1. DVD-Man

DVD-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    Just seen the trailer for this over on apple trailers (link: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/disturbia )

I think it looks great and appartently it's no.1 in USA, now I know rubbish can get to no.1 in USA but of the 30 or so trailers I watched tonight this is all that really grabbed me.

Gotta wait till June though to see it.

Liam

2. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,725
    I read some great things about this movie, Ivan Reitman, Ghostbusters fame is exc. producer, no big deal but just watched My Super Ex Girlfriend tonight, directed by him.

Every killer lives next door to someone.

Quote; Filmmaker D.J. Caruso (THE SALTON SEA) is getting raked over the internet coals for taking the base of Hitchcock's masterpiece REAR WINDOW and transplanting the film to a suburban wasteland teen suspense thriller.

Formula exists because studios and filmmakers know it succeeds. Alfred Hitchcock knew that formula works. His entire “cinema of the wrong man” is evidence to that. Hell, Hitch even named one of his films THE WRONG MAN. So, check your notions at the door before you see DISTURBIA—or hang on them if you want. In the end, I don't think it matters one damn bit what you think going in. Coming out you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

But by all accounts the director and writers of Disturbia have done a very good job.

3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,725
    Been waiting a long time to see this, just watched it tonight, Shia LaBeouf was great as the lead kid and one of my favorite actors right now, his delivery of lines seem very natural, the film was very enjoyable, 1st half was great, but predictable and workman like as it reached its climax. 6.8/10

4. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +545
    I had it since July on HD-DVD and really enjoyed it. I have the ringtone the girl put on his phone on mine :D