DISTRICT 9 on blu

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are not welcome here... Neill Blomkamp's DISTRICT 9 invades Blu-ray, DVD, and UMD (Dec 29)
" In DISTRICT 9, South Africa has become a haven for refugees — from outer space!Blu-ray and DVD news
By Mondo Kane AND robert mcbride
First published Oct 12, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not welcome here.

Maybe not, but District 9 invades your home theater December 29, containing exclusive Blu-ray HD extras (SRP $39.95), both a single ($28.96) and 2-disc Special Edition DVD ($36.95), and a UMD release ($24.94). So return that nasty holiday sweater from Aunt Frida, and pick up some alien goodness.

An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology.

"You don't feel bamboozled, fooled, or patronized by District 9, as you did by most of the summer blockbusters. You feel winded, shaken, and shamed."
—Anthony Lane (New Yorker)

"District 9 does a lot of things right, including giving us aliens to remind us not everyone who comes in a spaceship need be angelic, octopod or stainless steel." —Roger Ebert (Chicago Sun Times)

DISTRICT 9 on Blu-ray and DVD »
(available December 29)

District 9 debuts on Blu-ray presented in 1.85:1 1080p MPEG-4AVC video, and audio in English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround.

EXTRAS:
Blu-ray Exclusive:
• MovieIQ
• Cinechat
• Joburg From Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9 - Interactive Map
• Director's Commentary
• Koobus Big Gun
• The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker's Log Three-Part Documentary
• The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker's Log - Chapter 3: Refining District 9

Blu-ray & DVD both include:
• Metamorphosis: The Transformation of Wikus
• Innovation: Acting and Improvisation
• Conception and Design: Creating the World of District 9
• Alien Generation: Visual Effects

released on umd :eek:

Attachments

• displayimage.jpg
    displayimage.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 90
Day one purchase. Movie of the year thus far for me.

Yeah I will be all over this like a prawn on catfood.

Region A purchase for me then :smashin:

Is this one of those hand held cam movies like Cloverfield?

In parts yeah. It gives you the documentary feel.
Cheers... will have to give it a miss then as I get motion sickness from films like this :( :thumbsdow

Cheers... will have to give it a miss then as I get motion sickness from films like this :( :thumbsdow

So do i with Bourne Ultimatum in the cinema being the worst culprit...i was fine with this film though.

You'll be fine indoors as its a smaller screen,im fine at home but in a cinema i get dizzy if i dont look away at the more "frenetic" parts in films.

I also find its a lot worse if im tired :(

It's not as shaky as Cloverfield though.
I knew I should not watch Cloverfield but temptation got the better of me, was ill for 2 days after watching it (what a fool).

So do i with Bourne Ultimatum in the cinema being the worst culprit...i was fine with this film though.

You'll be fine indoors as its a smaller screen,im fine at home but in a cinema i get dizzy if i dont look away at the more "frenetic" parts in films.

I also find its a lot worse if im tired :(
Well the Bourne films are fine with me (no issues) so if ts not as bad as Cloverfield and similar to Bourne, then I might give it a go now.

Think I will wait for a bargain bin purchase to limit the loss if it nearly kills me :D

I knew I should not watch Cloverfield but temptation got the better of me, was ill for 2 days after watching it (what a fool).
Lol sounds like you enjoyed it then :rotfl:

Film of the year for me, no question, a must buy! I didnt notice the shaky-cam aspects of it at all to be honest.

But shaky-cam can be annoying. Cloverfield wasnt annoying because I felt that was part of it but Bourne Ultimatum was very annoying and ruined it a bit for me (I still think the first Bourne film was best myself).

Im not sure if its the same thing but I remember Matrix Revolutions being very annoying at the cinema (apart from it being easily the weakest of the trilogy of course!) due to its constant non stop hyperactive camera movements - at home it wasnt so annoying. Transformers was annoying too...at the cinema it was hard to tell what exactly was going on during the fast action bits.

Release INF !!

'District 9' Blu-ray Box Art Revealed

Now you can check out the packaging for the sleeper hit of the summer which is heading to Blu-ray in December.

Sony says 'District 9' will make its high-definition debut on December 29.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From producer Peter Jackson and director Neill Blomkamp comes a startlingly original science-fiction thriller where alien refugees, stranded on Earth, are exiled to a slum on the fringes of Johannesburg.

The Blu-ray will feature 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements include: Metamorphosis: The Transformation of Wikus; Innovation: Acting and Improvisation; Conception and Design: Creating the World of District 9; and Alien Generation: Visual Effects.

The Blu-ray will also include: Director's Commentary; Joburg From Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9 - Interactive Map; Koobus Big Gun; The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker's Log Three-Part Documentary; The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker's Log - Chapter 3: Refining District 9; Cinechat; Sony's MovieIQ and BD-Live.

Here's a look at the packaging:

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 58

It's not really like Cloverfield in that respect, parts of it are filmed like a documentary in the syle of a Louis Theroux programme.

Cloverfield made me sick, District 9 didn't.

Cloverfield was also crap, District 9 isn't. ;)

Looks like the UK release will feature Dolby TrueHD instead of DTS-HD MA.:rolleyes:

Same applies to G.I Joe and Forrest Gump.

A one disc for all multi-language release, with TrueHD taking up less room?

Last edited:
A one disc for all multi-language release, with TrueHD taking up less room?

Sony can take the Universal highway by not including 24-bit / 16-bit DTS-HD MA for the dubs.

Just got the SD version of this film from ebay - didnt realise it wasnt officially released in the uk until I looked to compare prices after I bought it. Anyway, turned up in the normal CS box but when opened its got a blu-ray disc inside:eek::D:eek:

To most this would be a top result I guess, but as I dont have a blu-ray player I am gutted as I was looking forward to seeing it:(

Also its probably worthless as its a Blu-ray disc in an SD box:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom