1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

distribution amplifiers for sky and LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Rookies, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Hi All,

At the moment I have sky linked upstairs to my bedroom LCD but it not as clear as I wish it to be. I do have it link through a magic eye. But If I take the LCD downstiars and connect with it a small cable to the sky the picture is how I want it. So I think I need to invest in a distribution amplifiers dont i? IF so what do you all have and how do you rate it? I been looking at getting the TVlink version to go with my Magic eye.

Please help

Cheers

2. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you have your sky box downstairs and then coax cable running to your LCD in your bedroom then the picture will not be brilliant, thats the system I have but my LCD is in the lounge but all I have in other rooms are portables and the picture quality does not matter

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Are you saying I wont be able to get the picture any better than I have now? As what I did was took the lcd downstairs and connected it up with a small Coax cable and it quite good. So I though having it run through a distribution amplifiers it will help?>

4. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +371
    your cable can't possibly be terminated properly, get the soldering iron out and / or buy some better quality connectors :)