Distributing Sky+ to other Rooms. Will my proposal work?

VeeFourTee

Standard Member
Reaction score
My current set-up is as follows:

• Satellite LNB into Sky+ Box in Room 1.
• TV Aerial into 'Loftbox' (Teleste CM7274 Through Line Power Link) which has one input (TV Aerial) and 4 Outputs (TV1/PU, TV2, TV3 & TV4) connected as follows:

TV1/PU - TV in Room 3 and Fringe P1235 Power Unit.
TV2 - Sky+ Box in Room 1.
TV3 - TV in Room 2.
TV4 - Spare.

This set-up gives me Sky+ and Terrestrial TV in the Room 1, and also Terrestrial TV in Rooms 2 & 3.

Aim: I would like to view Sky+ in Rooms 2 & 3.

Constraints:

I do not want to re-route my Sky+ LNB feed, but utilise the RF2 Output from the Skybox.
I do not want to use any wall plates or splitters.

Quite simply:

1. Is there a 'Loftbox' type product on the market which takes 2 inputs (Sky & TV) which provides 4 outputs and can be powered by a Fringe P1235 Power Unit?

2. Will feeding the RF2 Output from Sky+ into this 'loftbox' work and so give me Sky+ in Rooms 2 & 3? I will of course use Magic Eyes to control the Sky+ Box from Rooms 2 & 3.

Many thanks.

Can you feed your aerial into your sky box , then run the RF2 out to your loft box? This will give you terrestrial and sky in all rooms.

The sky box will feed your aerial signal back out of the rf sockets as well as its own signal.

Last edited:
2. Will feeding the RF2 Output from Sky+ into this 'loftbox' work and so give me Sky+ in Rooms 2 & 3? I will of course use Magic Eyes to control the Sky+ Box from Rooms 2 & 3.

Many thanks.

You can certainly use the RF2 output to send Sky to other rooms. I've done it and utilised the old Virginmedia cable wiring and wall boxes to supply the bedrooms in our hosue.

Can you feed your aerial directly into your sky box , then run the RF2 out to the TV/Aerial input on your loft box. This will give you terrestrial and sky in all rooms.

Can you feed your aerial directly into your sky box , then run the RF2 out to the TV/Aerial input on your loft box. This will give you terrestrial and sky in all rooms.

Many thanks Neil. Presume I could retain my existing Aerial feed into my Skybox - which must continue via my existing 'Loftbox' for practical reasons - but then run RF2 into a new/additional Loftbox from which I could then run single cables to Rooms 2 & 3 (and so receive Sky & Terrestrial)? Logistically this would be much easier than trying to utilise my existing (and rather old) 'Loftbox'. Also, I could then ensure this new 'Loftbox' is compatible with Magic Eyes, or am I missing something obvious - again!

Would be most grateful for a recommendation on the best 'Loftbox' and 'Magic Eyes' for the job.

First off, it was DWhite's suggestion, I just embellished it.

"..Presume I could retain my existing Aerial feed into my Skybox - which must continue via my existing 'Loftbox' for practical reasons .." - Why?? You just connect the two cables directly, in the loft, with an in-line connector. Then RF2 out to the TV/Aerial input on your loft box. It is a matter of buying one in line connector and swapping one cable on the loft box.

Get the TV's all working correctly before worrying about Magic Eyes.

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom