Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Distributing Sky signal to other TV's.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by lespaton, Jun 10, 2004.

1. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment I have a video distribution setup as follows...
    Signal goes to VCR input, VCR output (normally to TV) goes to signal amplifier then to 8-way distribution box which feeds to 8 rooms. That way I can have a TV in any room and watch the video, which is playing on the VCR attached to the main TV, in any of those rooms.
    Can a similar arrangement be set up to distribute the output from a Sky digibox ?? In other words, Sky digibox attached to main TV but watch Sky on any other TV ??

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure, just plug your VCR RF Out into your Digibox Aerial in and take Digibox RF out to the distribution system.

3. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If your VCR is connected to your Digibox via a scart you do not need to do anything. Jim

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So are you saying that the VCR signals get shoved into the Digibox RF modulator when the Digibox is in standby and sent out to his distribution system?

But even if that's so, it leaves the system rather inflexible since he won't be able to watch Sky downstairs if someone is watching the VCR output upstairs.

5. mark.carline

mark.carline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I have done this for 5 TVs around our house and I would suggest that you do the following:

1) TV ariel input goes to your VCR in
    2) Ariel out from VCR goes to areil IN on your sky box
    3) RF1 output on sky box goes to your main TV (also same location as SKY box).
    4) RF2 output on sky box goes to the ariel input on a 4 way TV distribution amp.
    5) Make sure the distribution amp is one that includes "digital bypass" - maplin do one for around 20-30 uk pounds.
    6) Enable the 5V output on RF2 on the sky box (there is a hidden menu on the SKY box to able this.
    7) On each of the outlets in the 4 way amp you can take a feed to a TV which also allow you to use one of those "sky remote eyes" that are available.

Hey presto - Sky, VCR and Normal TV in 5 rooms all are able to change SKY channels via a remote in each room.

You may have to be carefull with a potential conflict with the channel that the VCR uses and what SKY uses but there is a "channel calculator" I have seen on here that will show you what channels are avaiable once you have told it what channels are currently in use (VCR, BBC1, ITV etc etc)

Thanks

Mark.Carline@btinternet.com