Question Distributing HD round the house

Paulsully476

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm having an extension built and I would like to take the opportunity if possible to distribute HD signal to a couple of TV's in my house.
My current set up is as follows
Sky HD set up in Main lounge
Coax cable from Sky box RF2 to a second TV in kitchen. The signal is SD which isnt great
Loftbox in loft distributes Digital terrestrial signal to bedroom TV's.

I am able to obtain a load of CAT5 cable for free.
So here is what I want to

Distribute HD quality from my Sat box in lounge to the tv in the kitchen and now also into the new extension, preferably via a loftbox so that I can distribute sky to the bedroom TV's. (the cable to the bedroom TV's is coax and am happy for SD to go to those TV's if that is a constraint.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Basically HDMI out of sky box via an HDMI splitter to modulator and local TV. Aerial into "RF in" of modulator. RF out of modulator to "aerial in" of loft box. Set the output channel of modulator well away from local Freeview. Default output level is too high so reduce it to around 60dBuV. Choose an unused LCN maybe say 150. If 4G is a problem (unlikely) switch the LTE filter on. Rescan the TVs. Remember all TVs need to be DVB-T HD MPEG4 capable.

Strange the modulators (both suppliers) are 50 ohm in/out instead of 75 ohm so a slight mismatch but I guess it will be OK.

And most important before you start RTFM. I haven't as I don't have the unit.

Luckily we have the box in our showroom and also with our trained technical staff so have the investment to give further advise as and when required .

eBay may well have a lower cost hdmi modulator in the same way lots of items can be found cheaper on eBay but that is not the only consideration when purchasing equipment

This is not some fly by night fare eastern eBay seller where no VAT or duty has been paid. We have an established seller who has already sold 29 units and is charging £214 inc VAT against yourselves who are charging £358 inc VAT for what appears to be the same product (you have not denied that it is the same as yet). The 67% increase does seem extortionate especially since VAT in Ireland is charged at a higher rate than the UK.

At the end of the day what you charge is your choice. Many posters ask for the cheapest however.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom