1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributing a second audio feed to the kitchen

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GSXRMovistar, May 13, 2005.

1. GSXRMovistar

GSXRMovistar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Firstly wasn't sure which forum to post this in so fingers crossed with this one.

I’m looking for some advice on how to distribute a second audio feed (including volume control) to a new kitchen I’m putting in. I currently have the following in place:-

Sky connected to a Sony STR930db amp which feeds my 5.1 setup in the living room. The kitchen backs onto the living room and I’ve already passed the RF out of the Sky box into the kitchen to feed a video signal to a small 7” screen I’m mounting in the wall.

Now the speakers on this small screen are terrible so I’m thinking I’d like to have a couple of small book shelf speakers mounted on top of my kitchen cupboards. I was originally thinking of using the additional two speaker outs (Multiroom) from the amp but I can’t seem to find any information on how to change the volume of these two speakers separately from the main 5.1 setup.

Would it be possible to put some form of inline volume control using this setup?

The only other thing I could think of implementing would be instead of using the additional speaker outs would be to take a line feed out instead into the kitchen and connect this to a set of active speakers with their own volume control, not the best solution as it wouldn’t give the same quality as being driven by my main amp plus it would need yet another power adaptor to house.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.