distribute dm800 round the house

newcomers

Established Member
Reaction score
before i purchased the dm800 I had a tm9100, and I was able to watch it in every room in the house via the rf output.

Only after I received the dm800, i realised it doesnt have an rf output, so im unable to watch it on any tv other than the one its connected to.

Is there any round this?

Thanks

You can stream it on to PC's dotted round the house if this is an option.

I've played around with it a bit on a TM600 and I'm sure the same principle applies on the DM. You have complete control over the receiver from the PC - change channel, set recordings, switch on or off, etc. You can also view/control it from a more remote location via your laptop - ideal if you're stuck in work when, for instance, the world cup is on.

If you need it via RF you could consider an RF Modulator?

before i purchased the dm800 I had a tm9100, and I was able to watch it in every room in the house via the rf output.

Only after I received the dm800, i realised it doesnt have an rf output, so im unable to watch it on any tv other than the one its connected to.

Is there any round this?

Thanks

SENT you a PM mate

Just use an RF modulator.

BTW why are we PMing on this subject ?

Just use an RF modulator.

BTW why are we PMing on this subject ?

Cause as the OP has a TM also theres ways of doing it that can't be talked about on open forum , using CCcam.:facepalm:

I enquired about the rf modulator and it can only accept 1 input, but I need it to take 2 (aerial + DM800) and then that will go into the aerial input on the sky box, and out again on the rf2 output, which will give me channels 1-5 + Sky + DM distributed round the house.

How would I do that? Is there some sort of device that will take 2 rf inputs and output on 1 rf?

May have just answered my own question...... I have found a rf splitter/combiner which does the following:

RF Splitter/Combiner. Splits RF cable into two or can combine two signals into one..

So I should be able to get an rf modulator to convert scart > RF, then take that RF and the Aerial and stick them in the Combiner, and the output to the Sky Aerial input.

It sounds like it might work!!!

You won't need any splitters, An RF Modulator has an RF input and an RF output so it's no different in reality to your Technomate's RF input and RF output! Don't forget the Modulator will connect to the 800 scart or phono sockets.

You won't need any splitters, An RF Modulator has an RF input and an RF output so it's no different in reality to your Technomate's RF input and RF output! Don't forget the Modulator will connect to the 800 scart or phono sockets.

I emailed the seller of the rf modulator and he said if it had 2 inputs (1 RF & 1 Scart) it would output 1 of them on the RF output?

Maybe I should just get it and see

Seller obviously doesn't know his product! What he's saying would be useless, trust me you can loop your ariel through the modulator and your dm800 will also go into the loop as RF, I use this exact setup with my dm8000.

Be sure to choose a modulator with adjustable RF channels setting so that you have more choice to avoid RF channel interference.

You can stream it on to PC's dotted round the house if this is an option.
The kids sometimes do this on their pc's ,having a twin tuners helps though.

Seller obviously doesn't know his product! What he's saying would be useless, trust me you can loop your ariel through the modulator and your dm800 will also go into the loop as RF, I use this exact setup with my dm8000.

Be sure to choose a modulator with adjustable RF channels setting so that you have more choice to avoid RF channel interference.

The one I emailed him about had adjustable channels, so it should be ok. Ill order it now

Thanks mate

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom