1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distortion on SVid input on HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by irvspeed, Jan 19, 2004.

1. irvspeed

irvspeed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I am trying to copy from camcorder via SVid front(AV3) or rear(AV4) of my HS2 I get either a slight flashing of the brightness or a band of green or blue at the top of the picture. In slow mow you can see that it is sometimes every other frame or maybee every 4th frame. If I use the yellow phono connector instead the picture is fine but I prefere to use SVid. The cable is Ok if I plug it directly into TV. I tried using a SVid & Phono to scartscart adaptor on (AV1 in) but couldn't get that to work at all. I have tried every combination that might be relevant in the settinf menu. Has anyone else had this problem or any idea's how to get round it please.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the lead,or one of the pins is bent or damaged.AV1 is out ,not in.Try a Scart to s-video/phono and use AV2,which should be set to s-video

3. irvspeed

irvspeed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the sugestions but I have tried the cable directly from the camcorder to the TV & its fine. I actually used AV2 not AV1 that was a mistake in my thread. Any other idea's? A mate of mine thinks its incomaptibility between the cam & the HS2, he thinks its because the HS2 is Pal & NTCS & its too clever for its own good (not locking on Pal properly?) Its a bit beond me I'm afraid.