Distortion on Sky BBC Radio 7

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by luggsie, Dec 15, 2004.

1. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi
    I record radio off SKY to HDD when the BBC broadband server goes down (which seems to happen a lot on my favourite radio programs ). This is via a High Criteria streaming recorder. The SKY digibox RF o/p goes to a Haupauge PVR 250 card. All TV and radio channels, 851-857 say, are OK but BBC radio 7 on channel 881 is very distorted and on a waveform editor it is highly clipped. It sounds distorted on the computer too so its probably nothing to do with the recorder, it occurs on the card. But on a real TV receiver there is no audio distortion on 881. What's special about radio 7 that produces distortion on a PVR that isn't present on any other radio or TV channel.

luggsie

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I don't listen to BBC7 very often (recorded the odd discworld and foundation show) and not heard any audio distortion in that limted sample using my basic capture card.
    However I use the RCA phono output not the RF, wouldn't explain why you are getting acceptable results on all but BBC7 though but perhaps worth trying the phonos anyway.

3. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanks for the suggestion, I'll give the phono sockets a try, but it will need 20m of audio cable!