• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Distorted Sound from Speakers

LgAsh76

Established Member
Hi,

My 2.1 speakers connected to be PC have recently started making quite a loud constant humming sound. I've tried different speakers but the problem is still there. Does this mean that the sound card is the problem?

After a reboot all is ok for about 2 minutes and then the humming is back.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to PC's so please go easy on me!:D Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Wo0zy

Established Member
Sounds like feedback from something. Have you tried muting the Mic input?

If it's only recently started has anything else changed in your PC or the surrounding environment?

Wo0zy

LgAsh76

Established Member
Sounds like feedback from something. Have you tried muting the Mic input?

If it's only recently started has anything else changed in your PC or the surrounding environment?

Wo0zy

The Mic input is already muted...Nothing I can think of has changed in the pc or environment...I'll do some more head scratching and post back if I manage to resolve it!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom