Distorted picture on Z2

Scotty12

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help, my problem is this..:lease:

Watching a film last night on my Z2 and I have noticed that while the overall picture is just so good, the top of the picture slopes from left to right, the bottom is perfectly straight. Imagine drawign a rectangle with the left side shorter that the right side and connecting them with the top line.

I was watching through my PS2 via the PS2 -> Composite leads, projected onto a wall. I have also had a look through the manual, but couldn't find anything that describes it. Is there anything in the menus that can correct this?.

Having only just purchased I am a bit worried that something may be wrong with it, and thought I could call on the excellent expertese that these forums have.

Many thanks,
Simon.

This will happen if (how can I put this simply) your projector is not pointing 'straight' at your screen. Imagine a line drawn along the axis of your projector lens, towards the screen. This line needs to be (more or less exactly) at right-angles to the screen.

so you need to fiddle with your lens shift while at the same time angling the projector slightly.....

ad

You will only get a rectangular picture if the "line" of the projector's lens is perpendicular to the line of the screen. Get this part right, and then use your lens shift to position the (now correctly shaped) image in the right place on the screen.

Hey Scotty12 still having fun with you're new toy? :thumbsup:
I watched Haunted mansion on my Z2 friday night it's was awesome, had a few people watching it and they all loved the picture the Z2 gave.

Can't believe i have no VB (well only a little when there is smoke on screen) the picture is so darn smooth with a good brightness.

Roll on the next film on the great projector :clap:

Hey LFC Fan,
I still can't believe it. Watched the new Italian Job last night with the new DVD Player, and the picture was just awsome. Still not got the screen up yet, but the wife has decided that she now wants to go to a bigger screen:clap:. We had the image projected around 98":. WOW!!!

I haven't seen any VB yet. I guess I'm lucky....

The only problem is choosing which film to watch next! Hard decision's tonight then.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom